Ceba Solutions Ltd were invited to tender for a full “design and build” package to totally refurbish White & Case’s existing catering facility in Central London.
The White & Case building is a prestigious building in the middle of the city spread over 5 floors. We were tasked to refurbish whole of the 2nd floor catering facility. Ceba Solutions were also responsible for stripping the whole area back to an empty shell including the infrastructure and designing a new purpose-built restaurant, multipurpose coffee bar and seating area.
This is one of Ceba Solutions biggest projects with multi-trade collaboration. Opening our capabilities to areas we had not tackled previously, such as Acoustic Design, High level Mechanical services, Lighting Design, AV, Data Cabling and Fire protection. We also had a tight lead time from tender acceptance to commencing works onsite, starting 2nd January 2018, lasting ten weeks.
How was it achieved?
Ceba Solutions were the main Contractor and CDM Principle contractor. Our project management team oversaw the program with permanent teams onsite site managing the construction and installation throughout the assignment, which included:
- Extensive building works creating new ceilings, floors, walls and overall finishes
- Mechanical and electrical consultants and contractors ( to complete works within risers and building roof/ceiling spaces)
- Lighting consultants and contractors
- Joinery works throughout the building including both booth and banquette seating
- Engaged with our regular service partners to fabricate the servery counters to our design, incorporating the following equipment
The servery which was supplied by Counterline was constructed in stainless steel with Cearsarstone worktops and tiled facias and LED lights. It also has wrought iron display gantry with menu boards. The servery area also contains this equipment:
- Fosters – Under counter Refrigeration
- Blanco – Induction cooking Equipment
- Counterline – Hot holding cupboards with overhead hot lamps
- Pelsis – Insect-o-cutors
- Linda Lewis – Electric Pizza oven
- New – Theatre and Pizza Oven Extraction Systema
The coffee bar, also supplied by Counterline was constructed in stainless steel with Cearsarstone worktops and oak timber facias and LED lights.It also has wrought iron display gantry with menu boards. The coffee bar area also contains this equipment:
- Gamko & Fosters – Under counter Refrigeration
- Classeq – Ice machine and blenders
Counterline also supplied laser cut fabricated fritted screens to section off soft seating areas in the business lounge.
- Armstrong – Mesh Ceiling Tile
- Heradesign – Woodwall Ceiling Tiles
- Solus ceramic – Porcelain Tiles
- Hakwoods – Solid Timber
- Millican – Carpet Tiles
- Solus – Opulence Wedgewold
- Kvadrat Canvas Panels
- Grestec Tiles – Brunswick Collection 75x300mm
- Installation of Light Control Modules with control panels
- Circuit Consealled LED light within walls
- Suspended Globe Lights with Edison Lamps
- Directional Recessed Spots for Art work
- Single and Double Down Lighters