Full design and installation of a new servery/dining room at Valero Oil Refinery.
We were invited to provide the catering design and installation of a new servery/dining room at Valero Oil Refinery, on behalf of BaxterStorey, the contract caterers.
The brief was to create a single-flow service to allow for an efficient short service period. The key driver behind the design was to offer full flexibility with a clear ‘grab & go’ offering.
Scope of Works:
The installation took place during a shutdown period before re-opening. The project was completed under the supervision of our in-house project management team, along with our nominated suppliers.
The installation programme deadline was five days and included;
- Strip out of existing servery counters, fixtures & fittings.
- Full decoration throughout.
- Installation of servery counters to agreed designs and drawings.
- Caterer training and handover.
Initially, we had to ensure that the catering design worked operationally for the onsite catering team, this meant;
- Ensuring there was suitable heated displays to feed the footfall of staff within the service timetable. Re-utilising and re-cladding the existing heated servery counters.
- Grab & Go area, to include multideck refrigeration, soup and separate till unit.
- A large ambient salad table was also included, this was designed for mobile use as a theatre or demonstration area.
- New deli and coffee counter to include ambient and heated displays and barista coffee.
- Once the flow and design had been agreed we set about the look and feel of the counters.
- Creation of full 3D visuals and walk-through designs of the dining room.
- Explaining every step and design decision.
I just wanted to drop you a note to express my thanks for the work undertaken at Valero. The client is really pleased with the outcome and I personally can’t believe it’s the same space having seen the photos!
Anna and the team voiced just how helpful and accommodating you and the team have been in turning this around in such a short timeframe. Please extend our thanks onto the rest of your team also.
Thanks for your support on this one.
Jessica Clark, Business Development Manager www.baxterstorey.com